Bright Cellars: the robots made me do it

When I originally spent hours researching online wine clubs, Bright Cellars was up there in the rankings. I chose Winc because it was cheaper, but Bright Cellars had good ratings at a still-affordable price. So when I paused my Winc membership, I decided to try out the next service on my list.

I took their quiz a few weeks ago but didn't complete the purchase, and OMG they have not stopped emailing me since. I know it's a robot (despite Maria INSISTING she is "actually a real person"), but man, leave me alone! You're not winning points here. Especially when you keep warning me that the deal is about to expire (spoiler alert: it doesn't actually expire) and then send the same "deal" from multiple robot "wine concierge" folk.

Okay but really, I'm glad that my deal didn't expire, because I'm majorly indecisive and needed all that time to figure out that a) I'm not going to stop drinking wine anytime soon and b) I need said wine delivered to my door cuz my kids don't make it very fun to stand around reading wine descriptions in the store. Part of my hesitation was because I need alllll the facts before I make a decision. And Bright Cellars does not like giving out facts. The thing that I hate more than their daily emails is that you can't search their wines or even see how much membership actually is. HOW is that good business? But anyway... I ended up deciding to try it out, because...that discount, man! The robots finally got to me, I guess.

Signing Up


The website is easy enough, but they make you jump through a couple more hoops before your order is complete. Upon ordering my wine, they tried to sell me a cheese pairing; and THENNNN (but wait, there's more!) a wine bottle opener. Only after saying Thanks but No Thanks to all of this was I finally welcomed into the club. 

So far, I'm not impressed. The wine will have to be pretty amazing for me to rank this over Winc. We shall see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Make a Lucy (from Peanuts) Dress

Review: Store-Bought Cold Brew

The Bathtub Fiasco + The Wonky Pipe