Mess: The Unsexy Side of Remodeling

Bathroom remodeling is so fun and sexy IN THEORY. But I'm writing this post lest I ever forget about all the unglamorous stuff—the MESS. Also, I apologize in advance for the huge uptick in ALL CAPS words.

In my previous post, I talk about the plumber situation and the weird pipe that held us up. These were just a few of the contributing factors to the disaster zone we've been living in for months now.

The demo caused lots of mess, obvs. This, I expected. Our entire sideyard has been lined with countertops, fiberglass, a broken toilet, light bulbs, and plywood to name a few.


This is maybe 1/8 of the original mess—after four months of garbage pickup

In the course of demoing, Cliff broke the bathroom window. Oops. Again, one of those things that we weren't planning on redoing but had to take time away from the actual project to fix. Yay for YouTube. And a HUGE shout-out to Stuart's in Escondido. The old school dude basically coached Cliff over the phone in getting the new window installed himself.



It took WEEKS and WEEKS of trash collection to chip away at the mountain of cardboard in our garage. I mean... I'm glad the vanity was so well packaged, but daaang. We also had tons of boxes from the various tools Cliff bought for the process. The cardboard sure made for some fun forts though!

I want my garage back!

😳

Fort fun


We had to cut lots of holes in the walls. Upstairs. AND DOWNSTAIRS. Because of a stupid pipe that stupid lazy builders lazily put in.

Downstairs view of the upstairs bathroom remodel

Plumbers are messy. Duh. Cutting drywall out = dust all over everything, despite meager attempts to keep the space clean and using a shopvac. Spackling = also messy. A man and his disorganized tools = messy.

I want my hall cabinets back!


Can you tell I might be a little bit dreading our next project: the master bath remodel??

Comments

  1. Just when we think it's safe to go into the newly remodeled kid/guest bathroom you'll be taking it over while you remodel the master. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Make a Lucy (from Peanuts) Dress

Review: Store-Bought Cold Brew

The Bathtub Fiasco + The Wonky Pipe