In the beginning... of quarantine

It's been AGES since I last posted. I started going through a rough patch toward the end of last year. Around March, I was finally starting to come out of it, with our trip to Hawaii as a light at the end of the tunnel. And then... Coronavirus 2020 hit.

I just wanted to get some thoughts down about this crazy time before I forget it all.

Everything is weird right now. I'm growing some of my bangs out (yes, just some), so my hair is whack. My hubby is home with us all day. Both KIDS are home with me all day. Basically, nothing is normal anymore.

The first few weeks of this quarantine were rough. It was truly a roller coaster of emotions. At first I was in total denial, but one by one as more things shut down, I tried to accept our fate. My biggest disappointments in all this were:

1) the fact that Ada wouldn't get to finish Kindergarten. You guys. It was such a hard transition and we were finally in a good place with school! And Ada LOVES her teacher and schoolmates. We were both so sad to learn our time with Mrs. Olson was done. The fact that she's retiring and Ada won't even get to see her around (nor will Ryan get to have her as his teacher when the time comes) in the coming years just sucks.

2) the idea of being with my kids 24/7, seven days a week WITH NO BREAK. That sounds so mean, but I know myself, and I know I need breaks from my kids to be a good mommy. I don't think I was worried about the schooling stuff in the beginning (though that would prove to be a headache later on).

Of course, couple all this with the huge amount of uncertainty about the new virus and the fear that we or my extended family would get it. It's too much! What a weird freaking time. I keep thinking that.

Very trite, some if these things, but I still need to write them down: things that never would've happened (or would've happened much later) without Coronavirus:
Appreciation for teachers, house cleaners
Ryan's interest in puzzles
Precious time with the kiddos







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Make a Lucy (from Peanuts) Dress

Review: Store-Bought Cold Brew

The Bathtub Fiasco + The Wonky Pipe