Why I put my beloved Winc wine club subscription on hold

I've been a Winc member since Mother's Day. But I recently decided to put my subscription on hold. [BTW, is that not the best Mother's Day present ever? Wine delivered to your doorstep?! Props to my hubby for making that happen.]

I initially signed up for Winc with the intent of exploring new wines while homing in on which wine styles I really love. After hours of research, Winc seemed like the best option for my money. I took their short palate quiz and my wine showed up within a few days.




Overall, I've been pretty happy with Winc. Sooo why did I pause it?

  • I'm kind of a cheapskate, and after five months, I ran out of "cheap" wines to choose that fit my criteria (dry + full-bodied). I'm okay splurging on a $20 bottle of wine, but at this point in my life, $13 is more my style.
  • I almost ALWAYS had to remove one wine from my cart that they had "picked" for me―and sometimes I removed ALL of them. When will you people learn that I like it DRY DRY DRY?! Anyway, one of the selling points of these online wine clubs is that they pick out your wine for you. But I ended up doing all the work anyway. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Why I'm pausing and not cancelling:
  • Almost all of the wine has been good
  • Their customer service is fantastic―they did credit my account when I told them I didn't care for one of my bottles, and they went out of their way to suggest other wines I might like. 
  • Their site is easy to use
  • You get one bottle credit for every ten wines you rate. After five months, I'm super close to getting a second bottle credit. Free wine? Yes, please!
  • Oh, and they have a sexy magazine that comes with each box. Which I'll get around to reading someday.
Wanna check it out? You can get $20 off your first shipment by using my referral link. I'm going to wait it out as they add more vintages and try again in a few months. It's been fun, Winc!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Make a Lucy (from Peanuts) Dress

Review: Store-Bought Cold Brew

The Bathtub Fiasco + The Wonky Pipe