Back in the saddle with Winc

After a little pause in my Winc wine club subscription, and a "meh" experience with Bright Cellars, I'm back in the saddle with Winc. Anyone have Aerosmith stuck in their head now? No? Just me?


Well, anyway...

The differences between these two services is becoming more clear as I vacillate between them. Frankly, Winc is just sexier. I'm not usually swayed by extras, but their monthly magazine (oh, excuse me, journal) is a nice touch. For once, I actually plopped down and read the thing after a marathon cleaning session the other day. I like that you can read about each wine's personality as well as proper food pairings for each bottle.


Winc journal
The journal includes some articles up front, then pages and pages of their latest wines with descriptions and proper food pairings. I have yet to actually pair a bottle with a meal, but I love the idea.

And then there's the Winc website. Unlike Bright Cellars, Winc just puts their wines right out there. You cannot browse available wines on the Bright Cellars site. Winc, on the other hand, has a nice filter/sort system to find what you're looking for. Their scale system appears on each bottle's profile page so you can see just how much fruit, earth, and wood notes are in each bottle. The info is just so clear. (As a technical writer AND a wine drinker, I LOVE that!)
Profile of a Cabernet wine available from Winc
My only beef with them is that I've still worn out my welcome. Let me explain: I've tried pretty much all the $13 bottles that I think I would like (i.e. dry, earthy). In my latest shipment, I added some pricier bottles (hello $30 bottle of Cabernet!) than I'm used to. I just don't think I'm prepared to do this again. Costco, you might be seeing more of me. Or rather, you might be seeing more of my husband taking pics of wine there and texting them to me so I can shop remotely because did I mention that parking lot gives me heart palpitations?! 😂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Make a Lucy (from Peanuts) Dress

Review: Store-Bought Cold Brew

The Bathtub Fiasco + The Wonky Pipe